Thursday, November 25, 2010

Losing weight


Every girl in this world sure wants to be pretty. And one of today's beauty standard is having a skinny body. The skinnier the better. Look at all the models, most of them are very very skinny. The beauty standard had been set. Skinny means pretty. Ok, you dont have to believe me. But ask ur girl friends, most of them will say the same thing. Even though i wrote these simple fact. Doesnt mean i agree 100 percent with it. I still love curve. And being super skinny without curve is not quite attractive.
The need to look pretty, results in one's feeling of insecure. I just read a blog of a friend of mine, whose struggle a lot because of her overweight problem. How much she hate herself for being like that. And it is so sad to read how depressed she is now because of her lack of confidence. That's one case. But there are so many cases of girl's crisis of confidence out there. You probably met some girlfriends who always think that they are fat when they probably are not. And i do understand how it feels, because i feel the same way too. I always feel that im fat my self, although my friends said im not. But im never buy it. I feel that my face is so chubby. And i kinda hate it (-_-") It makes me feel like im fat fat fat. But i think, instead of whinning, cursing, and being depressed, why don't we try our best to change it? I know it is not easy. In fact, it is damn hard. I've been planning to lose weight for so many times. But i fail. I fail to temptation. I always enjoy bad but delicious foods, loving sweet desserts and chocolate so much. And worst of all, im a super lazy girl. Especially when it comes to holiday. Wake up, breakfast, watching movie, lunch, sleeping, dinner, snacking, sleeping - everyday. No wonder if i become fat and more fat. So, i decided this holiday must be different. I have a lot of plans to fill this holiday and losing some weight sounds like a good starter :)

I did search online about how to lose weight, safe and fast. I summarize the results below.

1. Set your goal. A realistic one. For me, i will loss 5 kg in 5 weeks. 1 kg per week. Don't make some unrealistic one,like losing 10 kg in a week. Thats totally nonsense :D
2. Drink a lot of water. Probably 8-10 glass a day. For me it is very hard to drink more, as i usually drink very little. But i gotta force my self. I've been tryng to drink more in these 3 days and i did see the difference. I felt less hungry, went to toilet more regularly, and importantly, be healthier.
3. Determine your daily caloric intake. Take a note of it. Simple formula is that:
calories in = calories out, weight maintained
calories in less than calories out, weight less
calories in more than calories out, weight more

So, it is important to know how much calories of food you eat. Read the food information here http://www.nutrition.com.sg

4. Get more fiber. Eat more fruit and vegetables. Remember this motto: U are what you eat. So be more picky to the food you're going to eat.

5. Do regular exercise. the more you eat, the more you have to do exercise. So that the calories out will be more than the calories in.
6.Last but not least, Be confident.You need to believe in yourself! If you want to diet, and you know that it will make you feel better, then you need confidence. Otherwise, the temptation to cheat on your diet will make it harder, and you will not feel better when you do lose weight. Avoid temptations like chocolate, ice cream, and cookies. They may taste good, but there are other foods that taste delicious, too, without being unhealthy. You need to always encourage yourself to achieve the goals that you have set.
.


Ps: Remember, It is okay to try your best to lose weight in order to be prettier. But dont be obsessed with it, because you will end up being insecure and depressed even more. If you focus just on how to look pretty, neglecting the other important factors like talent, education, love, family, etc. You will lose everything. U cant depend on being pretty forever. Youth doesn't last forever, remember? So if u only count on appearance, then you will have nothing at all.




No comments:

Post a Comment