Sunday, October 30, 2011

My first Oil Painting

Recently a very good friend (called 'mr D') taught me how to do an oil painting. I used to paint with watercolor before, but never once did it with oilcolor. So it was quite interesting. and fun! I just realized how fast time flied without you realised it, when it comes to painting. I spent a whole night to do my first painting, and slept at 4 am in the morning. I couldn't wait to show my picture to my new 'lao shi' ( the great mr D, ha!).
The result was 'okay', but i still felt that something's missing. Mr D told me its very normal to feel that way. Beauty is in the eyes of beholder. And since you are the creator, you have the right to fix it anytime you want until you satisfy with the work u did. So, yeah, this is the result of my first oil painting. At least, for now ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment