Thursday, September 15, 2011

First Wedding Dance


it's my first wedding dance! I was so nervous. It's not because i never did any dance before. I indeed did some dance performances back then. It's just that, i always performing hiphop dance all my life. I never did any glamour dance for events like wedding before. I used to think that glamour dance was too girly for me. I prefer RnB and hiphop kind of dances with more movements and energy. So, when my team leader asked me to dance in a wedding, i didnt really enthusiast, but then i thought what is the big deal. 'bring it on, baby!' But hey, i was totally wrong. Glamour dance it's not that easy. I didn't get the soul at all when i practiced the dance. Movement is always important in a dance. But in glamour, those movements is nothing without expression. We need to do acting as well. Unlike RnB when fun, stupid, cool, ignorant, or any kind of expressions is acceptable as long as you got the right movement. In glamour, every step of the dance was like telling a story. Very graceful, just like a swan. And i was definitely never been good enough at being graceful at all! So here i am shaking on my very first wedding dance. I couldnt even put a smile on the stage. I was so nervous.. until i saw the bride! If i thought i was the most nervous face in the room, it was nothing compared to the bride's face. It's her Big day. Her one and only moment. And i just realize, what made me very happy is the fact that i've became a part of her 'very important' moment, eventhough i didn't know her at all. And i know that i came to love this performance, simply because i could saw the blessed face of a couple in a moment called wedding...





No comments:

Post a Comment